Wednesday 30 May 2012

Cross Country Writing

Last Tuesday we were very lucky to have a crisp and sunny autumn morning for the Junior Cross Country down at Bishop's Park.

 
Room 5 were also very relieved to see their big buddies from Room 22 there to support them, as some of us were quite nervous about the big race!
  

Here are some of our wonderful recounts about the event...

The Biggest Race 
My heart was beating really fast. I was getting ready to do cross country at Bishop's Park. When the whistle blew, I ran as fast as I could. Everybody was cheering for me and I won the race. Somebody overtook me at first, but then I overtook her when we were behind the trees. That meant I won the race. I hope I win next year.

By Lucy


The Big Race
I was nervous. I could see my Mum and Dad. My heart was beating really fast...It was Tuesday, we were at Bishop's Park for the Cross Country. Our buddies were there and I came third.

By Jack


The Race
I could hear my Dad squealing, "Go Fionn!" It was the day of the Cross Country at Bishop's Park. On Tuesday was Cross Country. There were the Year 1s warming up and then off they go running around Bishop's Park. Then they crossed the finish line. Then the Year 2s went next. We were fast. Then we crossed the finish line. I hope we can do it next year.

By Fionn


The Big Race
 
My heart was beating really fast, I was nervous. It was cross country time. My buddy was there. It was Tuesday. We were all at Bishop's Park. It was fun. There were lots of fast people in the race. In the race, I felt tired. I felt happy while I was running. Room 22, our buddies, came to watch us and cheer us on. After the race, Room 5 and 22 had morning tea. I felt proud of myself.

By Emma

The Biggest Race
 
I saw my Mum and our buddies cheering for me and I was nervous. We were all at Bishop's Park and I saw trees and I saw people cheering for me. I smelt mud and I heard people cheering for me. My buddy and my Mum were proud. When I was near the finish line, I went fast and I came 10th, but at least I didn't come last.

By Ben 


Well done to everyone who tried their best in the Cross Country run! You did great! 


No comments:

Post a Comment